Request_Significant gap in my ability to attend online classes due to unforeseen professional circumstances

@titiksha.chakraborty
I am writing to request a batch change for the batch CB030723 and DS240623
program at Edyoda. I recently enrolled in the Edyoda, but due to unforeseen circumstances, I have encountered a significant gap in my ability to attend online classes regularly.

Over the past one months, I have faced unavoidable professional challenges that have impacted my consistent participation in the online classes. Despite my best efforts to catch up, the gap in attendance and coursework has begun to affect my academic performance and overall learning experience.

I am committed to my education and sincerely believe that pursuing this course is essential for my personal and professional growth. However, to make the most of this opportunity and to maintain a high level of engagement in my studies, I believe it would be beneficial for me to shift to the next batch.

I am aware that this request may require careful consideration from the administration, as it involves adjusting the class assignments and the course content for the new batch. I assure you that I will put in extra effort to bridge any knowledge gap during the transition and ensure that I catch up on any missed coursework.

I kindly request your understanding and support in facilitating this batch change. I am eager to continue my education at Edyoda, and I genuinely believe that this shift will enable me to fully engage in the learning process and achieve the best possible outcomes.

I sincerely appreciate your attention to my request and your consideration of my circumstances. If you require any further information or if there is anything I can do to expedite the process, please do not hesitate to contact me via email at www.abhishekpaul@gmail.com or by phone at 9932006281.

Thank you for your understanding and support. I look forward to a positive resolution to this matter and resuming my studies in Edyoda.

Sincerely,
Abhishek Paul

Can someone provide me with a update

Hi @www.abhishekpaul , thank you so much for reaching out to me. However, if you wish to batch change, you need to write a mail to the Support Team - support@edyoda.com

Once you write a mail, someone from the Support Team will reach out to you and move forward with your request shortly.

Don’t worry, since you will always find guidance and help when you seek with us.