Not being able to update my job profile

Hi @titiksha.chakraborty. I am Sayantan Das from the batch FSR060523. As per rule for seating in the placement, I have Communication bootcamp certificate & also have one technical (Web Development Fundamentals) certificate. Still I am not being able to apply for the placement for the past one week. When I am trying to update my job profile, it is showing like this as you can see in the above picture. For one week, I am in constant touch with the support team, still the result is same, even I contacted the placement team on this Friday, the also told the same thing that it will be done still no result. It’s been same for past one week. Even I tried in different browser, tried by clearing cookies & cache still no result.

Please look into the matter & solve this problem asap as I already couldn’t apply in 5 placement opportunities just for this little thing only.

Hi @Sayantan , As I can check, your profile is not completed -

Please complete the Profile completely. Remain in touch with the Placement Team as they are the concerned team who can help you out, as we do not handle this segment.

You can contact them directly through live chat, and they will be able to resolve your queries.